Here I am. Halfway through my stint in Costa Rica. And I just feel…grateful.
- to have a lot of time to myself to think, rest, pray, read, write, watch, create
- to know/be figuring out who I want in my life, and who actually wants to be in my life
- to be deepening my relationships with these people, and also with God
- that I got to visit the States for Thanksgiving; for family, friends, food, and Target
- that it is basically 70 degrees here, daily. I thrive best in warmer climates.
- for all the books I’ve been able to read
- that I live someplace that I feel comfortable and safe
- for the technology that lets me stay in touch with people I love
- for the work experience I’m gaining
- that my Spanish IS improving
- that I am getting more familiar and comfortable with who I am
- that I have time (and energy!) to work out
- that I can simultaneously be glad I’m here and miss home
- for my sweet friend, Layla, who sent me my own Christmas-y-ness when she heard I’d be treeless here in Costa Rica, and who will continue an email thread forever
Just…there are times it’s really difficult to trudge through everything I’m trudging through, but I’m so glad to be doing it, and to be doing it in paradise. As I keep saying to some people when they ask…I am not in the best place in life…but I’m okay with the process. My process. I am making progress in my process. So here’s to the next 3ish months. I have a feeling they are going to totally FLY by.